- To conduct an interdisciplinary program for a better understanding both the fields of crisis management and counseling psychology.
- To prepare students for professional positions in the various fields of crisis management counseling psychology.
- To prepare professionals who can respond to a range of uncertain, ever evolving crisis management complexities.
- To prepare managers who can evaluate alternative approaches and make critical decisions that facilitate crisis response and recovery operations.
- To prepare highly ethical professionals who will work within the boundaries of crisis management to ethical, legal and regulatory standards.
- To provide an opportunity for students to engage in significant and appropriate research within the field of crisis management and counseling psychology.
- To prepare qualified, knowledgeable, skilful and ethical counselors equipped with the skills to work in a variety of settings.
- To offer courses with the priority of meeting the educational and personal needs of its students, based on a scientist-practitioner model, with an emphasis on empirical research and evidence-based practices.